Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Guess what....I'M BACK!!!!!!!

Mid-April I got an MRI done, nothing seemed to be structurally wrong, SO I'M BACK! I'm so excited! I can play my favorite sport again! Now, this doesn't mean I'm out of the woods yet...I still have some things I need to do. I talked to the most awesome physical therapist ever and she told me that I have some pattern/strength issues with my leg. So I'm now doing physical therapy to see if I can get my leg functioning properly again. BUT, I'm playing soccer now, so I could care less! And, the therapy really seems to be helping. :D

But, since I've been so far behind my women's team will still have to donate all their goals to give us a chance to get to 200 by June 30, 2009. So, here's an update with all the April games so far:

April 1, 2009
I believe this was a game I did not attend...bad bad girl! But, I do know we scored 6 goals during this game! Good job ladies!!!!!!!!! My team is red hot!

April 8, 2009
Well dang it! We had a forfeit this game...isn't that sucko! So, for forfeits we only are given 4 goals as a team. We did still play a game...but I don't know the exact number of goals my girls scored...so for now I'm going to add 4 goals.

April 15, 2009
My 1st game back since 2/18! Oooooooo, my team is good! We played against some ladies that we have played against for years. We had a good game and it's always great to get out there and run again! Though I'm very slow and can't make my regular moves. My team scored 8 goals this game to win 8-2. Names in lights for scoring goals: Michelle, Jess, Lisa and Me (yippee, getting goals again!)

April 22, 2009
Wow, we had a really tough game this week!!!!!! We were playing some girls who had a lot of skills and were in pretty good shape. For God's sakes they run marathons! We don't do that! :P Plus by game time we ended up being a little short on girls, only 2 subs. And our main quickie girls, with tons of endurance were not there. So, we ended up losing for the 1st time in a long time!!!!!!!! Oh well, you can't win them all...and plus it's good to lose once in a while (though I hate it!). Final score of this game 6-1. Name in lights for scoring: Me

GOAL TOTALS
According to my spreadsheet we have scored 137 goals.
Somehow I got a little off on my count total before...I may go back and look, or I may not. All I know is my spreadsheet is right. Shoot! Anyway, we are a little behind right now...we need a rally! :D

No comments: