Friday, September 26, 2008

Week 11 & 12 Update

Oh my goodness I play too much soccer! Since the last post on Sept. 13, I have played 8 games.

Sunday = 0 goals
Ugh! I hate not scoring goals! ;) I did get some good exercise, and it was a tough game...but I WANT GOALS! HA!

Wednesday Women's = 3 goals
Now that's more like it! It was a fun game and I brought my average back up!

Friday Night Coed (3 games) = 3 goals
So yeah, needless to say my knee has trouble when I play 3 games in one night. I was almost not able to walk after all those games (indoor). I did get 1 goal in each game. My favorite goal came from a corner kick. The keeper was a foreign guy who seemed to be nice, but a little cocky. Obviously a corner kick is not a very good angle to shoot from, but he was completely standing away from the goal marking a pass play. I took one look at him and said to myself, you're being disrespectful and I'm going to teach you a lesson. Ha, well I guess the competitive side got to me! So, standing on the right corner kick, I kicked the ball outside of my right foot, and it bent right and into the goal! GOTCHA SUCKA! ;) Just messing around.

Sat Coed = 0 goals
Again no freaking goals! To be completely honest I was exhausted from the night before's games. I had no energy and I'm surprised I could run. Each time I took the ball to the goal, my shots were so weak an infant could have stopped them.

Monday's Men's League = 0 goals
Yippee!!!!! My 1st game back in the men's division! I actually played against my surgeon that repaired both of my ACL's. He mentioned that my cutting and turning and speed were looking pretty good. I did hit the post in this game...and was not happy about it. I tried to put too much spank on it. Shoot! I should have placed it.

Wednesday Women's = 4 goals
Oh my goodness...we played a team that's feisty! They tried to fight our youngest player on the team, she's 14. Needless to say, her Mom shot over to the fight like a lightening bolt! We ended up winning the game 9-5 taking over 1st place again! And I got to add 4 to my total!

Goal Count
51 = 25.5% = 149 left
Dave's deployment is 24% done so I'm ahead by 3 goals!

WHOOOOHOOO!

No comments: