Saturday, September 13, 2008

Week 10 Update

Since my last post on Tues Sept 9 I have played 5 more soccer games.

Wed Night = 1 goal
In Women's league we played the toughest team in our league and lost in overtime! Shoot! I did manage to get 1 goal in this game, but I guess it wasn't enough to make the difference in the game. Oh well, we will beat them in the finals! ;)

Friday Night = 2 goals
I had my marathon soccer night. I played 3 games in the coed leagues. 2 games in the upper division and 1 game in the lower division. I must say playing coed is somewhat challenging for me right now. My quick movements are very slow right now: stopping suddenly, cutting, turning quickly. I have quite a bit more room for improvement since my knee is not back to par. Three years ago when I tore my other ACL it took me about 2 years to feel like I was actually on top of my game again...ugh, it's only been 2 1/2 months back since this current ACL injury. But, I managed to squeak out 2 goals during these 3 games. And for the night my teams were 2-0-1...not bad.

Saturday Morning = 1 goal
I enjoy playing Sat mornings, even though my body doesn't particularly enjoy it...especially after playing 3 games the night before. It was a difficult game and I dug down deep to keep myself moving towards the end of the game. We managed to pull off a 3-1 win, and I was able to get 1 goal during this game.

Current Goal Count
41 = 20.5% completed
Dave's deployment is 20% complete, so I am ahead by 1 goal. Yippee! I'd like to extend that lead some more! ;)

No comments: